- 07-Mar-2017 to 06-May-2017 (EST)
- Corporate Partnerships
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships
Vice President, Corporate Partnerships
Come play with us! KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids particularly those growing up in poverty in America the childhood they deserve filled with balanced and active play, so they can thrive. Since 1996, KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build, open, or improve more than 16,700 playgrounds, engaged more than one million volunteers, and served 8.5 million kids. KaBOOM! creates great places to play, inspires communities to promote and support play, and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of play in fostering healthy and productive lives.
KaBOOM! seeks a high-energy, mission-driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and playful environment.
The Coordinator, Corporate Partnerships is responsible for supporting the department and maintaining a committed focus on prospecting and researching funders to aid in securing support for our programs, initiatives and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Coordinate pre-sale activity for the development team, including responding to incoming inquiries, introducing prospects to KaBOOM!, preparing customized presentation materials, providing follow-up, etc.
- Develop a strategy for researching, identifying and finding the appropriate contact for the prospective partners the Corporate Partnerships team should target; contributing to the building of the pipeline
- Implement development team strategy to reach revenue goals; manage, sustain and nurture existing relationships; help the team engage new partners and pursue new sponsorship partners
- Assist corporate, foundation and grassroots team members with contractual budgets, agreements and internal routing of supporting document
- Assist the development team with small mailings, light data entry and prospecting projects, including pulling lists from databases, creating mail merges, and assembling materials
- Maintain weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting databases to track funding, prospects, partners and historical data
- Maintain databases of past, current and prospective funding partners
- Collaborate with program departments to develop a library of case studies and current industry trends that can be utilized by the team in prospect conversations
- Update and create supporting materials the team can utilize in prospecting
- Support development of Board of Director meeting materials and presentations
- Maintain and update Department Calendar; schedule team meetings and assist with Vice President travel arrangements
- Maintain shared computer filing system for the department
- Order supplies for department (folders, partner gifts, brochures, business cards, etc.)
- General administrative support of the Vice President and Director
- Maintain a solid understanding of KaBOOM! mission, strategies, culture, values, history, programs and initiatives, and stay abreast of trends in corporate social responsibility
- Actively contribute to our inclusive work environment by valuing other people regardless of differences and take an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- Strong research, interpersonal and customer service skills are a must
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Advanced computer skills (Salesforce strongly preferred) and expertise in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; Power Point; Outlook)
- Be able to represent KaBOOM! professionally
- Candidate should be a team player, self-motivated, strong multi-tasker, and problem-solver
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Preferred candidate will have minimum one year professional administrative support experience or equivalent
- Highly desired candidates also will have sales experience with prospecting, fundraising, selling and/or account management
- Passion for the vision and mission of KaBOOM!
Essential Functions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must have the ability to maintain acceptable standards of office conduct; the ability to handle stress and get along with others; and the ability to work on a computer. The employee typically sits or moves about to coordinate work. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds. Occasional travel is required.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: