- 25-Feb-2017 to 26-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Intern Program
- Washington, DC, USA
KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids – particularly those growing up in poverty in America – the childhood they deserve filled with balanced and active play, so they can thrive. Since 1996, KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build, open, or improve more than 16,700 playgrounds, engaged more than one million volunteers, and served 8.5 million kids. KaBOOM! creates great places to play, inspires communities to promote and support play, and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of play in fostering healthy and productive lives.
TITLE: Finance Intern
DESIRED START DATE: July 1st – August 30th
APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK: 30
LOCATION: Washington, DC
STIPEND: $500 total
KaBOOM! is looking for a college student, recent college graduate or graduate student to join our dynamic Finance team. The Finance team is responsible for the overall financial health and reporting of the organization.
· Thoroughly understand KaBOOM!, its vision, mission, goals, value proposition of its programs, its multiple constituencies and sources of funding
· Auditing of employee T&E reimbursements and credit card reconciliation
· Assist with month-end close process
· Assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly reports
· Assist with semi-annual physical inventory
· Contract review & assistance with billing
· File and scan contracts
· Filing Accounts Payable
· Data entry
· A matriculating college student who has earned enough credits for a sophomore status, or a student who has graduated from college within the preceding six months.
· Area of academic study relates to the intern opening (Non-profit Management, Communications, Marketing, Finance, etc.), strongly preferred
· Ability to work in Washington, D.C. KaBOOM! office
· Ability to work between 24-40 hours per week.
· Ability to work a minimum of 8 weeks May through August 2017
· Ability to secure their own lodging/housing
· Adhere to all KaBOOM! employment policies
· The internship is open to second and third year college students with an interest in finance.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to understand and communicate basic accounting principles and practices.
· Strong written, verbal communication and listening skills. Good interpersonal skills.
· Passion for the mission and commitment to improving the lives of children.
· Effective team player and strong individual contributor.
· Willingness to engage in productive and challenging work.
· Be open and receptive to feedback and learning opportunities.
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kids' lives. Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter with your application. KaBOOM! is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: