- 19-Feb-2017 to 20-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Intern Program
- Washington, DC, USA
KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids particularly those growing up in poverty in America the childhood they deserve filled with balanced and active play, so they can thrive. Since 1996, KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build, open, or improve more than 16,700 playgrounds, engaged more than one million volunteers, and served 8.5 million kids. KaBOOM! creates great places to play, inspires communities to promote and support play, and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of play in fostering healthy and productive lives.
TITLE: Play Products Intern
DEPARTMENT: Play Products
DESIRED START DATE: June 1, 2017
APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK: i.e. 30-40
LOCATION: Washington, DC
STIPEND: $500 total
KaBOOM! is looking for a college student, recent college graduate or graduate student to join our dynamic Play Products team. The Play Products team is responsible for selling play products and managing the grant implementation of our play product grant programs.The KaBOOM! Creative Play Products are large-scale, loose parts products that encourage child-directed, unstructured free play.
The Play Product Intern is a critical role on the team. Under the supervision of the Director, the Play Products Intern will directly support the needs of the Play Products Team. The Intern will work closely with the team to reach out to past play product grantees to gather stories of impact, research prospective organizations for direct sales of play products and provide administrative support. The Intern must be able to work on multiple projects on fast paced timelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile stories, quotes, and photos about grantee impact for internal and external use.
- Reach out to past grantees to reconnect, check in on the usage of the product, collect stories, and identify best practices for using the products.
- Conduct research to identify prospective direct sales leads and reach out to non-viable grantees about purchasing products.
- Perform administrative duties, as assigned and maintain records in database system.
- Prepare special reports, studies and analyses of play product grant programs and direct sales.
- A matriculating college student who has earned enough credits for a sophomore status, or a student who has graduated from college within the preceding six months.
- Experience in Nonprofit Management, communications, marketing, research strongly preferred
- Ability to work in Washington, D.C. KaBOOM! office
- Ability to work between 30-40 hours per week.
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 weeks June 1 through August 2017
- Ability to secure their own lodging/housing
- Adhere to all KaBOOM! employment policies
- Ability to think and problem-solve creatively
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoy working independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Experience with Salesforce.com or database system
- Excellent organizational skills and great initiative
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Interested individuals should be able to effectively manage responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Individual must have the ability to communicate with community members and business partners of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels
- Willingness to engage in productive and challenging work
- Be open and receptive to feedback and learning opportunities
- Interns will conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, including working in a cooperative manner within a team oriented environment.
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kids' lives. Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter with your application. KaBOOM! is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: