- 19-Feb-2017 to 20-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Intern Program
- Washington, DC, USA
KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids particularly those growing up in poverty in America the childhood they deserve filled with balanced and active play, so they can thrive. Since 1996, KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build, open, or improve more than 16,700 playgrounds, engaged more than one million volunteers, and served 8.5 million kids. KaBOOM! creates great places to play, inspires communities to promote and support play, and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of play in fostering healthy and productive lives.
TITLE: Graphic Design Intern
DEPARTMENT: External Affairs
DESIRED START DATE: Flexible
APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK: 25-35
LOCATION: Washington, DC
STIPEND: $500 total
KaBOOM! is looking for a college student, recent college graduate or graduate student to join our dynamic External Affairs team! The External Affairs team is responsible for the public image of KaBOOM!, including everything from drafting press releases, to hosting Facebook live videos, to updating the website, to maintaining consistent branding.
Project Management: Work with external vendors and internal clients to keep projects on schedule, get cost and content approvals, and ensure project goals are met.
Marketing Materials: Update existing materials and help develop new ones (e.g., social media graphics, banners + signs), using Adobe Creative Suite. Opportunity to create videos as well, depending on applicant interest.
Photo Database: Help launch new photo database for organization, including developing organizational structure and best practices for staff.
Design Support: Assist Creative Services Manager with larger projects as needed.
- A matriculating college student who has earned enough credits for a sophomore status, or a student who has graduated from college within the preceding six months.
- Area of academic study relates to the intern opening (Non-profit Management, Communications, Marketing, Construction Management, etc.), strongly preferred
- Ability to work in Washington, D.C. KaBOOM! office
- Ability to work between 24-40 hours per week.
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 weeks May through August 2017
- Ability to secure their own lodging/housing
- Adhere to all KaBOOM! employment policies
- Must provide a portfolio of projects with application (pdf or website is fine)
- Excellent organizational skills, great initiative and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (at least InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Video skills are a plus, but not required
- Be open and receptive to feedback and learning opportunities
- Interns will conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, including working in a cooperative manner within a team-oriented environment.
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kids' lives. Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter with your application. KaBOOM! is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: