- 19-Feb-2017 to 20-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Intern Program
- Washington, DC, USA
KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids particularly those growing up in poverty in America the childhood they deserve filled with balanced and active play, so they can thrive. Since 1996, KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build, open, or improve more than 16,700 playgrounds, engaged more than one million volunteers, and served 8.5 million kids. KaBOOM! creates great places to play, inspires communities to promote and support play, and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of play in fostering healthy and productive lives.
TITLE: Cause Marketing & Individual Giving Intern
DEPARTMENT: Cause Marketing & Individual Giving
DESIRED START DATE: May/June
APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK: 35+
LOCATION: Washington, DC
STIPEND: $500 total
KaBOOM! is looking for a college student, recent college graduate or graduate student to join our dynamic Cause Marketing and Individual Giving team. The Cause Marketing and Individual team is responsible for all aspects of individual giving (grassroots giving, major donors giving, board giving, staff giving, workplace giving, etc) as well as building relationships with companies to create cause marketing partnerships. Overall the focus and goals of this department are relationship building and generating unrestricted revenue to help the organization fulfill it's mission.
- The Cause Marketing & Individual Giving Intern will assist with brainstorming, research, and development of internal decks for potential cause marketing partners.
- The Cause Marketing & Individual Giving Intern will assist with all aspects of our individual fundraising, including assisting with donation processing and acknowledgments, peer-to-peer fundraising, communications, brainstorming, etc.
- The Cause Marketing & Individual Giving Intern will assist with gathering information, visuals, and quotes to create meaningful materials to attract donors and cause marketing partners.
- The Cause Marketing & Individual Giving Intern will have the ability to work with their supervisor to create a project that helps meet their individual learning goals as well as the goals of the department. This project will be co-created, include specific check-in points, and have specific goals.
- A matriculating college student who has earned enough credits for a sophomore status, or a student who has graduated from college within the preceding six months.
- Area of academic study relates to the intern opening (Non-profit Management, Communications, Marketing, Construction Management, etc.), strongly preferred
- Ability to work in Washington, D.C. KaBOOM! office
- Ability to work between 24-40 hours per week.
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 weeks May through August 2017
- Ability to secure their own lodging/housing
- Adhere to all KaBOOM! employment policies
- Excellent organizational skills and great initiative
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Interested individuals should be able to effectively manage responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Individual must have the ability to communicate with community members and business partners of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels
- Willingness to engage in productive and challenging work
- Be open and receptive to feedback and learning opportunities
- Interns will conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, including working in a cooperative manner within a team oriented environment.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times; including working in a cooperative manner within a team oriented environment.
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kids' lives. Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter with your application. KaBOOM! is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: