- 19-Feb-2017 to 20-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Intern Program
- Washington, DC, USA
KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids particularly those growing up in poverty in America the childhood they deserve filled with balanced and active play, so they can thrive. Since 1996, KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build, open, or improve more than 16,700 playgrounds, engaged more than one million volunteers, and served 8.5 million kids. KaBOOM! creates great places to play, inspires communities to promote and support play, and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of play in fostering healthy and productive lives.
TITLE: Account Management Intern
DEPARTMENT: Account Management
DESIRED START DATE: June 1, 2017 (or earlier)
APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK: 35-40
LOCATION: Washington, DC
STIPEND: $500 total
Do people frequently describe you as a "strong communicator," "people person" or "problem solver"? Are you looking for a playful, collaborative team environment where you can learn and contribute over the summer? KaBOOM! is looking for a college student, recent college graduate or graduate student to join our dynamic Account Management team, also known as, "the happiest team at KaBOOM!." The Account Management team is responsible for management and growth of KaBOOM! partnerships with a variety of corporate and foundation sponsors (Funding Partners) who support our work to ensure all children get the play they need to thrive. The ideal internship candidate is gregarious, confident, creative, playful, quick on their feet and skilled at communicating clearly and effectively.
As a member of the Account Management team, this individual will be fully integrated into the day-to-day experience of an Account Manager. The candidate will obtain first-hand knowledge of the position, collaborating on the management and growth of a diverse array of high-level KaBOOM! partnerships. The selected candidate will work closely with Account Managers to shadow calls, attend regular meetings, strategize, conduct research, troubleshoot challenges and more. This individual will also take on a number of creative and self-guided research and reporting projects, in some cases, inviting the candidate to connect with prior community partners.
Database management: Support of Playforce, KaBOOM! database, through input and maintenance of data, analysis and reporting.
Stakeholder management: Support AM team in tracking, compiling and updating key stories, data, photos and documents pertinent to funding partner reporting, information management and eventual renewal efforts.
Special projects: Ad-hoc support as assigned by Account Managers including funding partner case studies, research, special mailings, communications work, deck development and end of year reports.
Team Fit: Participate in weekly team meetings and funding partner calls to learn nuance of Account Manager roles and responsibilities. Participate in a local playground build.
Other opportunities aligned with the specific interests of the select candidate, including partnership support and cross-departmental projects.
- A matriculating college student who has earned enough credits for a sophomore status, or a student who has graduated from college within the preceding six months.
- Area of academic study relates to the intern opening (Non-profit Management, Communications, Marketing, Business, etc.), strongly preferred
- Ability to work in Washington, D.C. KaBOOM! office
- Ability to work between 30-40 hours per week.
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 weeks May through August 2017
- Ability to secure own lodging/housing
- Must adhere to all KaBOOM! employment policies
- Excellent organizational skills and strong drive for success
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to effectively manage responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate with a diverse array of community members and business partners
- Strong professional and creative writing skills
- Willingness to engage in productive and challenging work
- Open and receptive to feedback and learning opportunities for professional growth
- Ability to work in a cooperative manner within a team-oriented environment.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database programs a plus
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kids' lives. Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter with your application. KaBOOM! is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: