- 19-Feb-2017 to 20-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Intern Program
- Washington, DC, USA
KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids particularly those growing up in poverty in America the childhood they deserve filled with balanced and active play, so they can thrive. Since 1996, KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build, open, or improve more than 16,700 playgrounds, engaged more than one million volunteers, and served 8.5 million kids. KaBOOM! creates great places to play, inspires communities to promote and support play, and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of play in fostering healthy and productive lives.
TITLE: Community Outreach Summer Intern
DESIRED START DATE: 6/1/2017
APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK: 25-35
LOCATION: Washington, DC
TOTAL COMPENSATION: $500 stipend total
KaBOOM! is looking for a college student, recent college graduate or graduate student to join our dynamic Outreach team. The Outreach team is responsible for identifying community groups and properly matching those groups with KaBOOM! grant opportunities.
- Provide general administrative support to Outreach Team.
- Help identify potential Community Partners through research and appropriate data logging.
- Learn and internalized information about KaBOOM! grant opportunities and objectives.
- Assist with guiding potential community partners though the application process.
- Writing and Communications;
- Effectively communicate KaBOOM! grant opportunities, benefits, and obligations to prospective community partners through verbal and written communications.
- A matriculating college student who has earned enough credits for a sophomore status, or a student who has graduated from college within the preceding six months.
- Area of academic study relates to the intern opening (Non-profit Management, Communications, Marketing, Construction Management, etc.), strongly preferred
- Ability to work in Washington, D.C. KaBOOM! office
- Ability to work between 24-40 hours per week.
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 weeks May through August 2017
- Ability to secure their own lodging/housing
- Adhere to all KaBOOM! employment policies
- Excellent organizational skills and great initiative
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Interested individuals should be able to effectively manage responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Individual must have the ability to communicate with community members and business partners of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels
- Willingness to engage in productive and challenging work
- Be open and receptive to feedback and learning opportunities
- Interns will conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, including working in a cooperative manner in a team oriented environment.
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kids' lives. Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter with your application. KaBOOM! is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: