- 19-Feb-2017 to 20-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Intern Program
- Washington, DC, USA
KaBOOM! has been a powerful champion for play since its founding in 1996, working with partners to build, improve and open more than 16,700 playgrounds, engage more than one million volunteers and serve more than 8.5 million kids. KaBOOM! creates and catalyzes great places to play, inspires, empowers and leads play advocates, and educates and elevates the societal conversation about the importance of play in children's lives.
TITLE: Corporate Partnerships Intern
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Partnerships
DESIRED START DATE: 6/1/2017
APPROXIMATE HOURS PER WEEK: 40
LOCATION: Washington, DC
COMPENSATION: $500 stipend total
KaBOOM! is looking for a college student, recent college graduate or graduate student to join our dynamic Corporate Partnerships team. The Corporate Partnerships team is responsible for building relationships with high-level corporate partners and identifying and securing funding for our programs, initiatives and operations.
- Assist in research and identification of potential corporate and foundation partners
- Support sales activity: compile prospect decks, and community impact statements, develop research profiles for individuals prospects
- Research key trends and themes in CSR, cause marketing, and non-profits working in the children's play, health and wellness space
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of sales campaigns and prospect engagement activities
- Support data management using Salesforce
- Provide administrative support as needed: for example, invoice processing, compiling pitch materials, and organizing outbound mailing
- A matriculating college student who has earned enough credits for a sophomore status, or a student who has graduated from college within the preceding six months.
- Area of academic study relates to the intern opening (Nonprofit Management, Communications, Marketing, Construction Management, etc.), strongly preferred
- Ability to work in Washington, D.C. KaBOOM! office
- Ability to work between 40 hours per week.
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 weeks May through August 2017
- Ability to secure their own lodging/housing
- Adhere to all KaBOOM! employment policies
- Excellent organizational skills and great initiative
- Interested individuals should be able to effectively manage responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Interns will conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, including working in a cooperative manner within a team oriented environment.
- Some knowledge of the non-profit sector, fundraising, and Salesforce (or another donor database), either through coursework or professional experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate information verbally and in writing
- Strong attention to detail in data maintenance and project organization
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information and excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in MS Suite and internet research tools
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented and passionate Boomers who want to make a difference in kids' lives. Please make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter with your application. KaBOOM! is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity. This position will be based in our Washington, DC office.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: