- 10-Feb-2017 to 11-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
IT Operations Technician
Talent Management, IT & Operations
The IT Operations Technician reports to the Director of Information Technology, and is primarily responsible for maintaining the organization's computer system and networks, and secondarily for supporting the IT department by collecting and analyzing user requirements and configuring software solutions based on those requirements. Duties include setting up replacement systems, troubleshooting computer problems and moving equipment to and from the user's work space, and keeping abreast of business requirements and associated processes/workflows in support of organization initiatives and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
KaBOOM! Technology Support
- Provides efficient and effective support and service with a strong customer service focus.
- Provides timely and effective desktop, laptop and peripheral equipment support to staff, including phones, cameras and other desktop accessories.
- Maintains patches and updates servers as needed.
- Prioritizes, troubleshoots and resolves systems-related issues.
- Plans and Implements software installations, upgrades and repairs.
- Monitors and reports on systems and applications to include inventory and the KaBOOM! technology renewal schedule.
- Monitors and maintains wired and wireless local area networks, in the DC office and remote offices.
- Assists with defining and documenting solutions to resolve problems and keep systems upgrade.
- Assists with development of standard procedures for issue identification, resolution, system performance and resource usage.
- Tracks, coordinates and maintains system fixes, enhancements and upgrades.
- Monitors and maintains data recovery and loss prevention backup systems.
- Monitors and maintains computer system security, including firewall and virus/spyware protection and removal.
- Participates in new and ongoing projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Assists with new release testing, including new functionality/fixes, client testing and systems performance testing.
- Provides individual assistance and group training as needed.
- Actively contributes to our inclusive work environment by valuing other people regardless of differences and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
Systems Administration and Business Analysis
- Configures user setups; provides security access to the systems users.
- Plans and carries out patching requirements.
- Performs system testing and maintains appropriate documentation including workflow, business tasks, etc.
- Under supervision, analyzes and documents software and system requirements.
- Assists in the coordination, development, implementation and production of integrated technology systems.
- Help develop metrics for quantifying associated business value for assigned projects.
- Assists in the testing of products from an end-user perspective and in the creation of training materials and support documentation.
- Assists in the requirements and development or organizational reports.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or relevant field preferred.
- 3 years' experience with Windows-based PCs and servers including Exchange and networking.
- Certification in one or more of the following highly desirable: COMPTIA A+ Network+, MCP, MCSE, CCNA/CCNP.
- Prefer experience with Salesforce, Microsoft OS, reporting tools, Databases or similar software/programs.
- Strong knowledge of PC troubleshooting and repair, both hardware and software/OS (A+ certification skillset).
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting, wiring, PC troubleshooting (ex. Network+, MCSE, etc.).
- Proficiency with peer-to-peer and client/server network configurations and troubleshooting.
- Experience with iPhones and a basic understanding of Apple products.
- The following are optional: MS Servers, routers, switches, hubs, gateways, print servers, MS365 administration, web administration, IIS, Windows firewalls/proxies, VPN experience.
- Professional, high-energy, customer-oriented work ethic.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well in a team environment.
- Ability to explain technology to all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple projects efficiently and effectively
- Excellent analytical and business analysis skills with good understanding of workflows
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Competencies & Personal Attributes:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly, project plans, design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements.
- Ability to gather information from a variety of sources and subsequently craft it into effective and audience-appropriate technical and non-technical documentation.
- Ability to analyze, define and oversee requirements for moderate to advanced applications, products and/or integrations.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple ongoing tasks of varying scope with or without supervision depending on complexity.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills and ability to establish/maintain positive work relationships and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Detail-oriented and able to successfully plan, prioritize, execute and track tasks and responsibilities in order to meet established individual and group deadlines.
- Strong organizational, time-management, analytical and decision-making skills in order to efficiently evaluate, plan and accomplish personal work goals.
- The orientation to learn new information and technology and ensure the successful transfer of technical, process and organizational knowledge.
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented work culture, providing back-up support to team members and establishing/maintaining effective work relationships.
- Willingness and ability to work non-standard business hours as needs dictate, including ability and willingness to be available to provide project support after hours and on weekends if necessary.
Essential Functions The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must have the ability to maintain acceptable standards of office conduct, work effectively with staff and proficient with computer software. The employee typically sits at a workstation or moves about to coordinate work. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds. Occasional travel may be required.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: