- 30-Jul-2013 to 09-Aug-2013 (EST)
- DC, USA
- Full Time
The Systems Administrator works under the direction of the Director of Information Technology and serves as a technical resource to collect and analyze customer requirements and configure software and implement solutions based on those requirements. The Administrator focuses on the documentation of business requirements and associated processes/workflows in support of organization initiatives and projects and works with internal resources to ensure understanding of how requirements are reflected in applications/systems requirements. This position also plans and proposes system automation solutions to meet the KaBOOM! requests as well as configures software and systems and coordinates the problem solving process to ensure that the business standards and requirements are met. This position encompasses some tasks that fall under a system administration role and others that fall under a business analysis role as described below.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the configuration of user setup.
2. Responsible for maintaining and providing security access to the systems users.
3. Responsible for planning and carrying out any patching requirements.
4. First point of contact for support of the system.
5. Interface between KaBOOM! and our software partners.
6. Responsible for system testing and documenting testing plans
7. Responsible for System documentation.
8. R & D on new and improved system functionality.
1. Document workflow, business tasks, interface responses and reports.
2. Works under supervision to analyze and document software and system requirements.
3. Coordinates the development, implementation and production of integrated technology systems.
4. Reviews information technology service delivery designs and software/system configurations, and then designs specifications to obtain approval for them.
5. Evaluate new and existing software solutions making recommendations based on implementation feasibility and cost.
6. Supports the establishment of new projects by facilitating communication with business users and producing associated documents.
7. Helps develop metrics for quantifying associated business value for assigned projects.
8. Assist in the testing of products from an end-user perspective.
9. Assist in the creation of training materials and support documentation.
10. Provide support and creation of presentation materials or research as required.
11. Assist in the requirements and development or organizational reports.
• B.S. Degree in a relevant field
• Prefer experience with Cognos, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, or similar software/programs
• Excellent analytical and business analysis skills with good understanding of workflows
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Competencies & Personal Attributes
• Strong customer satisfaction skills.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly, project plans, design and technical issues, as well as business and product requirements.
• Ability to gather information from a variety of sources and subsequently craft it into effective and audience-appropriate technical and non-technical documentation.
• Ability to analyze, define and oversee requirements for moderate to advanced applications, products and/or integrations.
• Proven track record in managing the requirements definition process for a variety of stakeholders representing moderate to advanced organizations.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple ongoing projects of varying scope with or without supervision depending on complexity.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills and ability to establish/maintain positive work relationships and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Detail-oriented and able to successfully plan, prioritize, execute and track tasks and responsibilities in order to meet established individual and group deadlines.
• Strong organizational, time-management, analytical and decision-making skills in order to efficiently evaluate, plan and accomplish personal work goals.
• The orientation to learn new information and technology and ensure the successful transfer of technical, process and organizational knowledge.
• Proven ability to work in a team-oriented work culture, providing back-up support to team members and establishing/maintaining effective work relationships.
• Willingness and ability to work non-standard business hours as needs dictate, including ability and willingness to be available to provide project support after hours and on weekends if necessary.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: