- 04-Mar-2013 to 29-Apr-2013 (EST)
- DC, USA
- Full Time
The Grants Coordinator is responsible for managing Imagination Playground (IP), Playground Improvement and Playground Maintenance grants that will be awarded to over 500 communities throughout the United States. Management of the grant programs will include continual evaluation, quality control and refinement of processes and systems to ensure effective and replicable programs. The Coordinator will collaborate on program planning/budgeting and oversee development of tools and systems and implementation for agreed upon initiatives and grant programs. The Coordinator will be responsible for timely reporting, trend tracking, data entry and ongoing communication with internal KaBOOM! team members, grantees and funders.
Duties and Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Grant Application:
1. Evaluate and update grant applications as needed.
2. Ensure that current grant applications are online and applicant issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Grant Outreach:
1. Outreach to key organizations about the availability of grants, including identifying strategic organizations to target, and sending out e-mails to those organizations.
2. Make calls to KaBOOM! alumni about the availability of alumni specific grants.
3. Collaborate and communicate with other KaBOOM! teams to identify potential groups that could apply for grants.
4. Maintain a list of all organizations and sites where outreach has taken place. Track how many applications come in from these various sources.
5. Respond to inquiries from grant applicants in a timely manner.
• Grant Review
1. Lead the process of processing and evaluating all incoming grant applications.
2. Write grantee recommendations that will be provided to the funder.
1. Conduct follow up with grantees in order to obtain necessary information or paperwork.
2. On a quarterly basis, assist the Director with pulling together specific metrics and highlights for the board report.
3. Throughout the year, track and input data into reports for grant programs.
4. Assist Grant Management team with compiling all of the relevant data and stories for final reports.
5. Provide relevant data as needed to the Account Manager.
• Continuous improvement
1. Document trends with prospective grantees and grantees and identify areas for improvement.
2. Ensure database information is current; maintain integrity of grantee records by systematically updating records and making relevant notes as needed.
3. Update grant records with relevant information as needed.
4. Evaluate grant processes on continual basis and make updates as needed.
1. Participate in and travel to organizational events and activities as required
2. Actively contributes to our inclusive work environment by valuing other people regardless of differences and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence
3. Perform other duties as assigned
• Preferred candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree.
• At least one year experience preferably working in the playground, park, or recreation industry and/or direct experience in community building and grant management.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to take initiative and problem solve.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills are a must.
• Individuals applying should be able to manage responsibilities and meet deadlines.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• A high level of comfort with Web-based systems and tools and ability to learn use of new ones quickly with a thorough understanding.
• Must possess excellent computer skills and be adept at word processing, excel and database management.
• Must have experience creating PowerPoint presentations with demonstrated success creating presentations which incorporate both graphics and text.
In addition to the specific requirements, additional qualifications for this position include an ability to work independently with minimum supervision, while also being able to work as part of a closely integrated team. An ability to work effectively and calmly under pressure of deadlines is essential.
We have a fun and dynamic work atmosphere filled with talented Boomers who want to make a difference in children's lives. Individuals interested in applying for this position are encourage to click Apply Now. Please make sure in include a thoughtful cover letter, including your salary requirements. KaBOOM! is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: